The age of guessing is over
The BIM Institute is the business voice for Africa’s BIM community. To help develop that voice, the BIM Institute have developed a five year strategic business plan to help enhance and develop BIM across South Africa and its neighbouring countries.
The business plan strategy includes a big five approach:
- Strategy: The mission, vision, goals, and objectives, along with management support, BIM champions, and BIM strategic advisors.
- Uses: The specific strategies of implementing BIM in South Africa, including those BIM uses for generating, processing, communicating, executing, and managing facility information.
- Process: The means and methods by which the BIM National guide are accomplished, including understanding current South African processes, designing new BIM processes and developing transition processes within an African context.
- Partnerships: The resources needed to support the BIM initiative, including building relationships with software vendors, hardware vendors, and industry professionals.
- Personnel: The effects of BIM on the personnel, including the roles and responsibilities, the structure or hierarchy, the education and training programs, and change readiness required for Africa to adopt BIM.