BIM4Proffesionals is a 2-day internationally accredited multidisciplinary course through WhiteFrog. The award winning RICS BIM4SME and highly recommended RISE Award uses best practice BIM processes and methodologies.
In a first for Africa, the first BIM4 Professionals workshops present an environment for ‘immersive’ experiences destined to change the face of BIM education and design in Building Information Modelling and beyond.
By introducing this level of innovation into the educational space, delegates can differentiate by offering unique BIM learning opportunities. Companies and consultants in an operational environment can visualise activities, guiding decision-making and allowing them to be more competitive on the basis of cost and efficiency for BIM on a project.
The course is designed for senior and middle management of client, design, estimating and construction organisations and will improve their understanding of how to plan the implementation of a BIM process for the benefit of a project.
The BIM process requires the interaction and collaboration of architects, engineers, planners, quantity surveyors, contractors and suppliers throughout the project delivery cycle. This process needs to be planned, resourced and managed using a BIM.
The course allows delegates from different backgrounds and skill levels to experience BIM tools and processes in a supervised collaborative work role environment based upon lessons learned on BIM projects.
We envisage that the BIM4 series workshops will revolutionise the way industries create solutions to complex challenges such as Building Information Modelling.
The course comprises a mixture of presentations, practical exercises and workshops, and introduces the common data environment (CDE), the Project BIM Brief and the BIM execution plan (BEP) with brief workshops to explore each one’s typical contents and merits.
Experienced accredited BIM Academy trainer will be on hand throughout to manage the BIM methodology, provide instruction, advice and support.
The course will run from 08.00 – 16.00 each day with three breaks per day for refreshments and lunch. Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
- Overview of Building Information Modelling
- Overview of Global BIM standards, and protocols currently used
- BIM Development Planning and Business Justification
- Defining the BIM Responsibilities & Roles on a project
- How to setup and manage an information management system
- Project Delivery Methods with BIM
- BIM Execution Plan
- BIM Workflows in a Design environment
- BIM in Estimating and Construction
- Information Management Handover Process
This course fee is R5 900 per delegate with the option to write the online international BIM certification assessment through WhiteFrog.
- Experience and formal training in Architectural/Engineering/Estimating/Construction
Certificate and Accreditation
The WhiteFrog accredited two days course offers an online assessment for delegates wanting to receive a certificate accrediting them as a BIM Lead. The BIM4professionals course has been endorsed by the Northumbia University, Canadian BIM Council (CANBIM) and Natspec (Australia). The pass rate for the online assessment is 80%. All delegates attending the course will also receive a course attendance certificate.
- Presentations slides
- Attendance certificate
- Access to the National BIM Guide, BIM Dictionary and project templates
- Indepth understanding of Building Information Modelling, its benefits, technology and standards required to implement BIM.
- Explore major BIM technology and tools across project phases, see how BIM processes improve projects and understand the positive impact of BIM on estimating, scheduling and coordinating
- Learn to prepare for negotiations, assess alternatives, build a climate of collaboration, get beyond stubborn positioning and develop agreements that work for both sides.
- Understand BIM and terminology and the integration on BIM brief implementation.
- Foundation to establish and execute BIM process, facilitate assessments for project team and company-wide.
- How to manage the BIM procurement process by planning, conducting, monitoring and making adjustments to plans as required.