BIM 4 Professionals Courses
BIM4 Professionals is based on Australian Natspec BIM best practice and has been reviewed by members of the BIM Academy Global and Canadian BIM Council (CanBIM) , this international course accredited by White Frog (UK) takes delegates through each aspect of BIM including; current global standards, current project delivery processes, data exchange processes when used among different applications on a project and contractual obligations in line with the National BIM Guide.
In a first for Africa, the BIM4 professionals workshop present an environment for ‘immersive’ experiences destined to change the face of BIM education and management in South Africa.
By introducing this level of BIM education into the built environment space, delegates can differentiate by offering a unique BIM learning opportunity. Companies and consultants in an operational environment can visualise processes and make better guiding decisions for BIM on a project.
The course allows delegates from different backgrounds and skill levels to experience BIM implementation standards and processes in a supervised collaborative work role environment. The BIM4 Professionals course is a software agnostic and does not cover any specific type of design application. We align our methodology with our software vendor partners but focus on the process required to deliver a BIM project.
BIM4 Professionals Course Outline
By introducing this level of profession into the BIM educational space, delegates attending the two day workshop are offered a unique BIM learning opportunity. Companies and professionals in an operational environment can now get an in-depth understanding of a BIM implementation and how to define their team’s roles and responsibilities.
Two experienced BIM specialists will be on hand throughout the course to answer any technical questions.
- Overview of Building Information Modelling
- Overview of current global BIM standards, and protocols used
- How to setup a BIM Maturity Assessment for your project
- Defining the BIM Responsibilities and Roles on a project
- Understanding the requirements for a collaborative BIM information exchange process.
- How to setup and manage a BIM Execution Plan on a project
- Applying BIM processes on the various Project Delivery Methods in South Africa
- Identifying the various file formats and data drop exchanges available
- Identifying the pitfalls between the Architect, Estimator and Contractor when working with a BIM model.
- What standards are required for BIM in South Africa
14th & 15th November 2017
30th & 31st January 2018
The course will run from 08.00 – 16.00 each day with three breaks per day for refreshments and lunch. Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
This course fee is (R5 999)
Online international BIM certification assessment (R1100)
- Experience and formal training in Architectural/Engineering/Estimating/Construction
Competition for talent is fierce in today’s marketplace. Employers want to attract and retain well-qualified, ambitious BIM professionals who not only work hard, but also help them win new projects and gain industry recognition.
Stand out with a BIM Professional Certification
- Earn an industry-recognized BIM credential that helps prove your skill level and can get you hired.
- Accelerate your professional development and help enhance your credibility and career success.
- Validate your skills and join an elite team of BIM professionals.
- Display your BIM certified certificate, use the BIM Academy logo to highlight your achievement and get noticed by listing your name in the BIM Institute registered professionals database.
Online accreditation Assessment Fee
Delegates attending the course will receive an access voucher to register for the BIM Professionals assessment. Delegates wanting to achieve a certificate accreditation can purchase the online assessment (R1100). The BIM4professionals course has been accredited by the award winning WhiteFrog UK training organization. The pass rate for the online assessment is 80%.
- Attendance certificate
- BIM Institute registered member
- Access to the National BIM Guide, BIM Dictionary and project templates
- Indepth understanding of Building Information Modelling, its benefits, technology and standards required to implement BIM.
- Explore major BIM technology and tools across project phases, see how BIM processes improve projects and understand the positive impact of BIM on estimating, scheduling and coordinating
- Learn to prepare for negotiations, assess alternatives, build a climate of collaboration, get beyond stubborn positioning and develop agreements that work for both sides.
- Understand BIM and terminology and the integration on BIM brief implementation.
- Foundation to establish and execute BIM process, facilitate assessments for project team and company-wide.
- How to manage the BIM procurement process by planning, conducting, monitoring and making adjustments to plans as required.