Day 1: Wednesday 11 May 2016
7:30 – 8:00 Morning Coffee and Breakfast snacks
Opening session: Smart Cities & Lean Construction Methods
8.00 –8.30 Opening Keynote Address – Key Partners for the development of Smart Cities in Africa
Keynote session looks at the importance of partnering and collaborating on projects in Asset Management in Smart City development.
Michael Smith , Director, Allan Gray South Africa
Wolf Stinnes, Smart Buildings Solutions Architect, Dimension Data, South Africa
8.30 –9.00 Graphisoft Sponsored Session Open BIM
OPEN BIM is a universal approach to the collaborative design, realization, and operation of buildings based on open standards and workflows. OPEN BIM is an initiative of several leading software vendors using the open buildingSMART Data Model.
Mr Miklós Szovenyi-Lux , Graphisoft, Hungry Budapest
9:00 – 9.30 BIM Infinity and beyond
- How the adoption and use of BIM has helped improve workflow and communication on projects in the United Kingdom.
Casey Rutland Associate Director , Arup Associates, United Kingdom
9:30 – 10.00 Asite Sponsored Session: Importance of Cloud Technology in construction
- The successful use of collaborative BIM in the cloud
- How the adoption and use of BIM has helped improve workflow and communication on projects
- The use of Asite’s Adoddle software to collaborate on BIM-facilitated projects
Nathan Doughty, COO, Asite, United Kingdom*
10:00 – 10:30 Morning refreshments
BREAK AWAY SESSION
10.30 – 11.00 Opening Chairperson
Christopher Allen, CIOB & BIM Lecturer: Nelson Mandela Metropolitan Universit
11:00 – 11.30 BIM – the search for the Gesamtkunstwerk
Dr Eitan Karol CEO, Louis Karol Architects*
11.30 –12.00 Oracle Primavera Sponsored Session: Are your NEC3 applications supporting best practice
- Learn how to take back control over your process with industry best practices including NEC3 and full SaaS deployment with Oracle Primavera Contract Management.
- Planning and Management solutions for the electronic NEC form of Contract
Krista Lambert , Director, Engineering & Construction Strategy, Oracle Primavera, United States
Neale Muir, Primavera Applications, Accenture *
12.00 –12.30 Turner & Townsend Sponsored Session- BIM isn’t just about technology
- How to plan and prepare for BIM
- Delivering a successful implementation
- Managing the organizational change
- Mark Wainwright, Global Natural Resources Managing Director, Turner & Townsend
12.30 –13.45 Networking lunch with all key sponsors and delegates
13:45- 14:15 Modena Sponsored Session – Improving workflows for developing Lean Construction Processes
- This session looks at how BIM and today’s technology ‘irrespective of platform’ can greatly improve communication and lead to more informed and faster decisions and reduced construction waste.
- Where to start investigating BIM? The design, the site operation, procurement routes, material handling or sub-contractor practices?
Mike Aldous, Project Manager, Mott Mac Donald, South Africa
Justin Taylor, Chief Technology Officer, Modena, South Africa
14:15 – 14.45 RIB Sponsored Session Building virtually and in reality using BIM and big data
- What manufacturing and automotive did to increase profits reflected to construction.
- Identifying risk and eliminating it over distributing risk.
- Creating profit from integrating the value chain.
Mads Bording, CEO RIB Europe International
14:45 – 15.15 CCS Sponsored Sessions: Integrated Cost Management Solutions
- The session looks at a case study with Balfour Beatty in Dubai on successful cost management through the life cycle of a project.
- Solutions and adjustments that needed to be made for a successful project.
- Ways of simultaneously providing management with useful cost reports for the project in real-time.
Clifford Human, Construction Computer Software(CCS) , South Africa
15:15 – 15:30 Afternoon Tea
15:30 – 16:00 Virtual 3D Construction
- This session examines how digital visualization can lead to increased efficiency in construction.
- Delegates will experience tools with high-tech headsets such as Oculus Rift – into which a client or project worker can step and visualise his or her project surroundings virtually.
Gustavo de Mûelenaere Corrêa, Oculus Learn3D, Managing Director, South Africa